Delivery and Payment
This is a full explanation on how Artekit website operates and gets your order to your front door. If you have any question or doubt you can contact us. We usually answer on the same day through the following channels:
Placing an order is very easy. You don’t need to create an account to place an order, but if you want you can create your personal Artekit account. This will allow you to see past orders, download invoices and to re-purchase an order again.
Is there a MOQ (minimum order quantity)?
No. You can purchase any quantity as long as we have stock. For example you can purchase a single pack of 10 resistors, a single board, or all of them.
How do I place an order?
Here is a brief example:
- Browse our products.
- When you are ready select the right quantity and click on the Add to Cart button. This will add the item to your virtual cart.
- Some products have their variations (connector type, color, etc.). Check that you are adding the right type to the cart.
- To see your cart click on the Cart label on the top-right on the screen.
- Click on the Checkout button when you are done shopping.
- Fill the Billing and Shipping information. If the destination address is not the same as the billing, click on the Ship to a different address box on the top-right and fill in the destination address.
- Verify that all the information is correct and then click on Proceed to PayPal.
You will be redirected to PayPal, that takes care of the transaction.
Do prices include taxes?
Artekit sells worldwide, so the prices do not include taxes. Taxes will be calculated on the Cart and Checkout pages accordingly to the country of the billing address.
We apply 22% IVA for Italy, 19% VAT for European Union countries and no taxes for the rest of the world.
I have an EU VAT number. Can I use it?
If you have an European VAT number we can reverse charge the VAT amount. In the Checkout page you will see the EU VAT Number field. Put there your VAT number, in the form XX99999999999. If the billing address and the VAT number matches, it will be verified against the VIES system. If valid, we won’t charge VAT.
The VIES system may have scheduled downtimes (that do not depend on us). If you have any problem, contact us.
Which payment methods do you offer?
We use PayPal for credit card processing, You don’t need to have a PayPal account to use PayPal. You can pay with credit card using PayPal even if you do not own a PayPal account.
Artekit does not store any credit card information. The payment process is entirely carried out and securely guaranteed by PayPal.
We accept Bank Wire Transfers as payment method. It takes a little longer than PayPal payments (2 or 3 days) since we have to wait for the bank clearance. Note that we cannot ship any order until we receive the confirmation from our bank. A receipt from your bank is not enough.
You can choose Direct Bank Wire Transfer in the Checkout page. After placing the order you will see our bank account number.
IMPORTANT If your bank is located outside the European Union or Switzerland, you have to transfer additional 9 EUROS to cover transfer costs. Since the bank wants its cut for every extra European Union transfer, a failure to transfer the additional 9 means you will have to transfer 18 EUROS so we can ship your package. If you have any doubts, contact firstname.lastname@example.org before making any transfer.
Where is my invoice?
The invoice for your order will be attached on the e-mail we send when an order is shipped. Also, if you have an Artekit website account, you can download all the invoices for your orders, starting from 20/01/15.
I need a proforma invoice and/or quote.
Sometimes you need to struggle for a budget at the office or school and they ask you a PI or quote. Write to us and tell us what you need. We’ll provide.
All the products you can purchase in our website are shipped directly from our headquarters in Le Marche, Italy. We don’t do dropshipping and we don’t allow back orders. If the product can be added to the cart, it means it physically exists in our stock and will be shipped regularly. In the improbable case the product is not available, we will notify you by email.
Do you ship to my country?
Artekit ships worldwide, so probably we do. On the checkout page you can find a list of all available countries.
Shipping policy on International Orders
Since we ship worldwide, you can order from a country outside the European Union. When this happens, Artekit will declare the actual value of the order in every custom document required. We cannot declare orders as ‘gifts’, ‘samples’ or any value other than the actual order value.
The customer is responsible for every tax, custom fees, VAT, tariff, duties, custom clearance charges and other fees that may be assessed by your postal service and/or custom and/or local authorities.
Understand we don’t know the custom regulations of every country in the world, so there is no way we can calculate any fee on our side. Please contact your local authorities if you need information about importing products into your country.
If there are delays in the custom of the destination country, we cannot do much about it. Please contact your local authorities to arrange the clearance of the package.
We provide 2 shipping methods: DHL Express and Poste Italiane.
Artekit offers DHL Express shipping (annoucement here) and provides faster delivery times, tracking and insurance. This is the recommended shipping method for international orders.
DHL Express Services and Delivery Times
- DHL DOMESTIC EXPRESS 9:00: Time-critical: delivery on the next possible day by 9:00 a.m. You can choose this service by selecting DomesticExpress900.
- DHL DOMESTIC EXPRESS 12:00: Time-critical: delivery on the next possible day by 12:00 noon. You can choose this service by selecting DomesticExpress1200.
- DHL DOMESTIC EXPRESS Time-sensitive: delivery by end of next possible day. You can choose this service by selecting DomesticExpress.
For European Union countries:
- DHL EXPRESS 9:00: Time-critical: delivery on the next possible day by 9:00 a.m. You can choose this service by selecting Express900.
- DHL EXPRESS 12:00: Time-critical: delivery on the next possible day by 12:00 noon. You can choose this service by selecting Express1200.
- DHL EXPRESS WORLDWIDE: Time-sensitive: delivery by end of next possible day. You can choose this service by selecting ExpressWorldwideECX.
For the rest of the world:
- DHL EXPRESS WORLDWIDE: Time-sensitive: delivery by end of next possible day. You can choose this service by selecting ExpressWorldwideNonDOC.
The information here above was taken directly from the DHL website and estimated times are relative to the day of the postage. That is, they are not relative to the day of the order.
Poste Italiane has very low prices but it has no tracking number, no insurance and doesn’t require a signature on delivery.
Lost or damage never happened. In very rare cases the address of an order is incorrect or the local postal service of the destination country cannot find the address. In this case all we can do is to wait at least 90 days until we confirm the return of the package. If this happens we will contact you and we arrange a new payment for the shipping and handling to re-send the package.
Poste Italiane Delivery Times
These are the estimated delivery times by Poste Italiane. On some rare cases, it can take longer due to delays. In that case please be patient. These kind of delays are out of our hands as it depend on customs and postal services of the destination country.
- Europe: 3 working days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays) from the day of postage in 85% of cases;
- Mediterranean basin: 4/5 working days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays) from the day of postage in 85% of cases;
- North America: 5/6 working days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays) from the day of postage in 85% of cases;
- Rest of the Americas, Asia and Oceania: 7/8 working days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays) from the day of postage in 85% of cases;
- Other African countries: 8/9 working days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays) from the day of postage in 85% of cases.
You will receive a confirmation by e-mail when the goods are posted.
Can I use my own courier?
You can use your own courier (DHL, UPS, FedEx, etc.) and you choose the type of service you want. If you have an UPS, FedEx or DHL customer number you can specify it by adding a note to the order at the checkout. The goods will be delivered using the specified courier and the shipping costs of the default Poste Italiane will be refunded through PayPal. Note that the shipping price will be higher and the cost and the responsibility of the delivery is on your own. If the customer refuses to pay those charges, the package will be sent back in most cases. Any extra fee derived of returning a package will be taken out from the cost of the order, and the remaining funds will be refunded.
What about time to ship?
Shipping is done on the following working day of the order, in 95% of the cases. One exception is for larger orders (usually taken from our contact page). In this case the date of shipping will be arranged separately.
Artekit Labs opening times
Artekit is opened from Monday through Friday, from 8 AM to 18 AM (GMT+1 Rome Time). Orders taken on Friday will be shipped on the next Monday.