The AK-RS485/422-HD board converts serial UART streams into RS485/422 communication protocol. It is a breakout board for the XR33038 RS485/422 transceiver IC from EXAR.
This board provides standard half-duplex RS485/422 conversion with a maximum data rate of 10Mbps. It has a wide power supply range (from 2.8V up to 5.5V) and a 18V tolerance (withstands direct short circuit) on the bus pins.
The board has 0.1″ (2.54mm) spaced pins for the UART and power supply, and a screw terminal where you will connect the RS485/422 signals. We also have a version of the same board without the screw terminal.
There is an on-board 120 Ohm termination resistor that you can enable by joining a solder jumper and two LEDs that indicate whenever the transmitter and/or receiver are enabled.
If you are looking for a Full-Duplex RS485/422 transceiver, we have that too.
The board comes fully tested and populated.
- RS485/422v transceiver.
- 2.8V up to 5.5V power supply.
- 10Mbps Half-duplex.
- Fault Protected RS485/422 bus pins up to ±18V.
- 300μA idle current, 40nA shutdown current.
- Enhanced receiver fail-safe protection for open, shorted, or terminated but idle data lines
- Hot-swap glitch protection on DE and RE pins
- Driver short circuit current limit and thermal shutdown for overload protection
- 1/8th unit load allows up to 256 devices on bus
- On-board 120 Ohm terminator resistor.
- On-board indicator LEDs.
- On-board screw terminals.
- Mounting holes.
- Small size.