The AK-TMP116N is a breakout board for the Texas Instruments TMP116N temperature sensor. The TMP116N is a low-power, high-precision temperature sensor with integrated EEPROM memory. The sensor provides a 16-bit temperature result with a resolution of 0.0078 °C and an accuracy of up to ±0.3°C with no calibration.
You can use the AK-TMP116N board to measure temperatures from -40ºC up to +125ºC and obtain the results by simply polling the sensor through I2C (Arduino Wire) or SMBus communication. The sensor has also a programmable alert functionality, in which you can set a threshold temperature and receive a signal on a pin when the threshold is reached. We have prepared an Arduino library and example that you can find in the documentation.
The temperature sensor comes mounted on thin PCB (0.8mm) that’s great for wearables or in applications with reduced vertical space. The special layout of this board separates the sensor from the rest of the circuit to maximize high-precision temperature readings.
The board includes 3 pull-up resistors (selectable with solder jumpers) for the I2C signal (SDA/SCL) and for the ALERT signal. The pins on the board are 0.1″ (2.54mm), ready to be mounted on a breadboard for prototyping or to a fixed installation using the two available mounting holes.
- High-accuracy, low-power, digital temperature sensor
- Accuracy without calibration:
- ±0.3°C (max) From –25°C to +85°C
- ±0.4°C (max) From –40°C to +125°C
- Power consumption:
- 3.5-μA, 1-Hz conversion cycle
- 250-nA shutdown current
- Power supply range: 1.9V to 5.5V
- Resolution: 16 bits at 0.0078°C (1 LSB)
- Programmable temperature alert
- Small and thin PCB
- 2 mounting holes
- Environmental monitoring and thermostats
- Asset tracking and cold chain
- Gas meters and heat meters
- Test and measurement
- RTDs teplacement: PT100, PT500, PT1000
- Cold-Junction compensation of thermocouples
- Artekit AK-TMP116N user manual
- TI TMP116N datasheet
- How to interface the TMP116 & TMP117 temperature sensors with Arduino (Texas Instruments website)