This adapter board breaks out a SOIC-28 IC (with a body of 17.8mm x 7.6mm and 1.27mm pin pitch) into 0.1″ (2.54mm) spaced pins that match most breadboards and protoboards in the market.
This is a high quality PCB, with all the copper pads and contacts plated with Electroless Nickel Immersion Gold (ENIG) process, that offer an excellent surface planarity and oxidation resistance.
The land pattern includes a solderable exposed pad that is present in many SOIC-28 components, to increase the maximum power dissipation (can be used to dissipate heat from a high-power integrated circuit like a motor controller or an audio amplifier). There is a hole drilled through the exposed pad on the PCB that can be used to drop some solder and ensure conductivity and heat dissipation from the PCB up to the integrated circuit. Since the exposed pad is often connected to GND, the exposed pad is also connected to a dedicated outer pad, allowing to eventually wire a connection to it.
By purchasing this item you will receive a pack of 2 SOIC-28 17.8mm x 7.6mm adapter boards.
- Standard thickness, high quality PCB.
- Electroless nickel immersion gold (ENIG) contacts.
- Fits any SOIC-28 IC (body: 17.8mm x 7.6mm, pitch: 1.27mm)
- 0.1″ (2.54mm) spaced holes.
- Central pad for GND connection and/or heat dissipation.
- Central pad hole and dedicated connection pad.
Land Pattern Dimensions