The Proffieboard (or just Proffie) is a sound/motion/effect electronics board for lightsaber props. It contains all the electronics and software required to play audio files, show amazing LED effects and sense motion. All integrated in a tiny little board.
It’s the bleeding edge in lightsaber electronics technology, and it’s being continuously updated, improved and supported by the community.
Packed with features, the Proffieboard is fully customizable. Follow our quick hook-up guide, or one the many community guides to create the perfect lightsaber. You can use the Proffieboard even if you don’t know much about electronics or programming, but if programming is your thing, you can optionally customize up to the last bit of the Proffieboard by writing code using the Arduino IDE (both the software and the hardware are open-source).
Optionally, with your purchase, you can choose to include a 16GB microSD card with the stock audio files and settings.
The board is assembled and fully tested in Italy by Artekit Labs. The microSD currently shipped is Kingston Canvas Select Plus 16GB
The Proffieboard is designed by Fredrik Hübinette. A portion of each sales goes back to Fredrik to support his amazing work, continued development and product support.
- STM32L4 series microcontroller.
- High quality, matte black PCB.
- Gold ENIG contacts to prevent oxidation.
- Support for Neopixels.
- 6 high-brightness LED drivers.
- 6-axis motion sensor.
- 5V boosted, class-D audio amplifier.
- USB 2.0
- 100% open source, you may add any feature you like (GPLv3 license).
- Support for WebUSB for configuration through a browser.
- Thermal Detonator support.
- Blaster support.
- Support for remote control via Bluetooth (with external don).
- Speedy 32-bit processor makes advanced features like sound filters, synthesizing and mp3 playback possible.
- 16-bit digital output.
- Default sample rate is 44kHz.
- 22kHz and 11kHz samples are supported and upsampled to 44kHz automatically.
- Gapless playback, with 2.5ms cross-fade when you interrupt one sample to go to another.
- Polyphonic playback, currently configured for up to 5 simultaneous samples.
- Support for Ws281X, PL9823, SK68** or Neopixel strings (including RGBW).
- Support for APA102 and dotstar strings.
- Support for arbitrary 1/2/3/4/5/6-color stars/strings.
- Supports segmented string blades (with flash string).
- Multi-blade support for dual and crossguard setups.
- Crystal chamber support.
- Power-level indicator with Neopixel blade.
- OLED PLI display.
- IR sending and receiving.
- MTP support (drag-n-drop files from windows through USB connection).
- POV (persistance of vision) mode.
- Multiple blades (at the same time).
- Accent LEDs. (also implemented as additional “blades”).
- Spoken error messages.
- Easy software updates.
- Fredrik Hübinette’s Official Proffieboard page
- ProffieOS page
- ProffieOS Wiki
- Proffieboard hardware page
- Support forum (community)
- Top/bottom pictures
Note: from 09/04/2021, the board mounts TI DMN3009LFV mosfets.